Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Drive user story analysis and elaboration, design and develop software applications, and test and build automation tools
Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
Perform hands-on software development, design, writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
Drive consistent development practices - tools and common components
Develop deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
Work with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
Identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
Effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
Mentor other engineers
• 9+ Yrs of past experience across
• Architecture, design and development using Java, J2EE, JS
• Experience working with Node.js, Angular.js
• Experience developing RESTful services with Node.js
• Design patterns, multi-threading programming, data structures, web services, micro services
• Hands-on experience in full stack development using RDMS databases and at least one NoSQL DB
• Experience developing and delivering software for cloud deployments
• Java, J2EE
• Node, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring security, Vert-x, Relation DBMSs –Oracle, Any NoSQL DB.
• RESTful API development
• Source control (Git, Bitbucket, Svn, Stack overflow, etc.)
• Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bambo, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Jacoco, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter)
• Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
• Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 27, 2020, 5:11:12 AM