Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative Identity products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team! You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base.
Our Engineers that join our Technologies team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are responsible for development and management of business critical platforms. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering projects platform supporting our global customer base. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers.
Responsible to ensure all performance and functional issues that manifest under Production conditions are replicated and caught, root-caused and fixed in lower environments.
Develop robust strategies for the same, for every single release (minor, major, patch etc.) that is delivered
Ensure strategy is executed and all issues are identified earliest in the release cycle
Capacity Planning and Scalability Analysis
Train and direct newer and junior members of the team
Ensure performance test suites are plugged into CI/CD pipelines (jenkins etc.), so performance test executions are automated/scheduled, and performance baseline is always up to date
Work closely with development team in root-cause and identification of performance issues and anomalies registered in performance tests
Stay up to date with latest performance- testing, profiling and monitoring tools, evaluate the same and make timely recommendations
Publish and walkthrough of performance results’ reports to multiple groups ensuring the report is optimized for consumption by the respective group (eg., product team, executive team, development team etc.)
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing and executing performance tests using JMeter scripts
3+ years of test automation experience using Selenium/Java
• 3+ years of programming experience in any one language (Python, Java etc.)
• 3+ years of experience in API automation using tools like RestAssured, SoapUI
• Knowledge of RDMBS and hands-on experience working with at least one database (eg., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Experience writing basic SQL queries
• Exposure to agile software development methodology (eg. scrums etc.)
• Experience working with tools like Maven, Git/BitBucket, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDE, Jenkins
• Prior experience working in Unix environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline,
- 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020, 12:47:17 PM