- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops responsive web applications using the best engineering practices
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending most of time actually writing code and unit tests, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews, and testing in ongoing sprints
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Developing deep understanding of integrations with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Bring a culture of innovation, ideas, and continuous improvement
- Challenging status quo, demonstrate risk taking, and implement creative ideas
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Good attitude, communication, willingness to learn and collaborate
- Work closely with product managers, back-end and other front-end engineers to implement versatile solutions to tricky web development problems
- Finalizing HTML prototypes into Web Applications by integrating with back-end services and functionality
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices and consistent framework usage.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent 3-4 years of work experience
- 2-3 years’ hands-on experience in writing Java applications required
- Knowledge of, or experience, with combination of HTML5, React, and Redux or HTML5, React.JS, and Node is required
- 2-3 years’ hands on experience in building REST APIs strongly preferred
- Able to demonstrate good web fundamentals & knowledge of DOM
- Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications
- Development (BDD) practices, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, including frameworks such as Selenium, WebDriverIO, Cucumber, JUnit, Mockito is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) environment and their frameworks
- 2-3 years’ working in an Agile or SAFe development environment is a plus
- Experience in Redis, Kafka in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems is a plus
- Experience in I18N and a11y is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 4, 2020, 11:55:46 AM