The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team is responsible for defining American Express’ enterprise data management strategy, data governance program and managing American Express’ enterprise data lake. The EDM function sits within Enterprise Digital and Analytics Group with the mission of driving the strategic use of data while navigating known & future data risks.
For this role, we’re looking for someone to provide an external perspective on Data Governance frameworks and implementations. The role requires strong experience in implementing a data governance program, including policies, standards, frameworks, data quality and metadata management and managing audit and regulatory discussions. This cross-functional role also requires strong influencing skills for effectively driving outcomes across a variety of cross-functional partners including business, technology, engineering and analytics.
- Participate in the implementation of our data management policy
- Participate in the creation of our data standards and procedures
- Manage a data governance implementation roadmap
- Participate in the adoption of the data governance vision and strategy to all level of stakeholders in the organization
- Drive consistency across multiple data initiatives across the organization
- Prepare materials for multiple senior level councils to ensure timely actions are taken and the sessions are managed efficiently
- Partner with risk management teams to manage data-driven regulatory requirements such as GDPR, CCPA and Open Banking regulations
- Provide strong guidance on data governance and management best practices
- 3+ years of experience in a formal data governance organization
- 1+ years managing data related audit and regulatory requirements
- Previous experience developing and executing on Data Strategy at the enterprise level highly desired
- Strong understanding and experience with Operational Risk Management processes
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2020, 8:54:47 PM