Since the beginning, American Express (AXP) has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to grow your career here.
Reimagine financial planning and analysis.
We’re the Business Unit Financial Planning & Analysis (BU FP&A) in the Corporate Planning function within Global Finance. Our mission is to provide financials and insights on actual and predicted performance to prepare decisions for sustainable growth and long-term value for the Enterprise. We are a knowledge center that brings information together across the Enterprise to generate valuable insights so AXP can deliver on its strategy.
Becoming a leader here means recognizing that every process can be improved upon. Inspiring the development of innovative corporate planning solutions that drive better business decisions. Working closely with senior leadership to make certain they have the information and knowledge to drive our company forward. Combining your strong influencing and analytic skills to make these transformations a reality.
Be a team leader, a business partner, and a champion of our values.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Manage Corporate Headquarters P&L by establishing Annual Plan, LRP, and rolling forecast for Business Units.
- Manage business partner relationships for Headquarters to support ongoing assessments, business unit reviews, and variance/trend analysis.
- Lead close control, monthly results review, consolidation, and analysis for Headquarters and Other Corporate Business Units.
- Manage monthly Corporate Segment CFO Flash package and consolidation for monthly Flash meeting with CFO.
- Liaise with Enterprise FP&A and BU FP&A leads supporting the Corporate Segment for Planning guidance and results review follow-ups.
- Own Management Chargeout Dashboard and variance commentary for BU FP&A.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or Economics required, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of Financial Management experience, experience in a Corporate FP&A function preferred.
- People leadership experience preferred but not required.
- Expertise in planning and forecasting methodologies.
- Experience in Business Unit P&L Management preferred.
- Experience in C-Suite FP&A support preferred.
- Expertise in Financial Reporting, Consolidation, and Executive Dashboards
- Works well under tight deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working proficiency of Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Understanding/working knowledge of Financial Systems required, working knowledge of Oracle, TM1, or Planning Analytics preferred.
Location(s): 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080; AEDR 18850 N 56th, Phoenix, AZ 85054
Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 12:43:30 AM