This exciting position is part of the Credit Capabilities team in the Global Services Group responsible for partnering with the Next Generation Credit & Collections group to develop and deliver critical collections programs for our Card Members in time of need. When the economy is strong or challenged it is critical to have effective programs to offer our Card Members digitally or over the phone when they need it.
The successful candidate will partner with Product Managers, Product Owners and Technologies scrum teams to drive the the highest priority strategies for the Next Generation Credit & Collections program led by Risk strategy. It is critical for this Analyst to be flexible with changing priorities and resilient to the changes that come with a large scale LPM. Strong collaboration and natural inquisitiveness are required. Our team has the opportunity to build new servicing experiences that will be offered to our Card Members for years to come.
To achieve this, we are looking for a strong thought leader that can effectively partner with Next Generation Credit & Collections PMO and critical stakeholders to deliver the best collections programs for our analysts.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partner with individuals and teams across Credit & Fraud Risk Management, Technology Systems, Compliance and Operational Risk to deliver top quality capabilities and achieve goals
- Lead and transform the current structure to align to the Agile train over time this year. High engagement in PI planning for Next Generation Credit & Collections product.
- Translate Next Generations Credit & Collections PMO features across multiple EPICs into user stories. You will be the author, editor and approver of all user stories committed by your scrum team.
- Ownership of prioritization and tracking delivery of Next Generations Credit & Collections Epics, aligning our efforts with broader blue box initiatives in support of long-term roadmap.
- Clearly communicate status of key initiatives and / or issues and remediation efforts.
- Strong partnership with the Product Manager to align on scrum team priorities and continuously communicate updates back to the PM and the Next Generations Credit & Collections PMO.
- Ongoing updates on progress in sprints and across the PI to communicate progress against our commitments.
- End to end project management with full accountability and empowerment to sequence the scope for commitments, milestones and deliverables all the way through to deployment.
- Significant collaboration and passion to partner with others to gain buy-in, agree on calculated trade-offs to deliver a sustainable product within priority and timeframe.
- Be an effective disruptor to change what we do today and transform our processes for the future. Always seek to understand the “why”.
- Deep knowledge of project management, with an emphasis on leading cross-functional projects/ epics.
- Strong thought leadership with capacity to quickly understand critical linkages and business strategies across NGCC and in the Credit platform/program
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- 2-3 years of proven project management experience, with an emphasis on leading cross-functional project teams in successfully defining, developing and deploying business and technical solutions
- Detailed oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate/influence at all levels without having direct authority.
- Strong demonstrated results in partnering across geographies and teams
- Strong sense of urgency, commitment to deadlines and deliverables is critical
- Bachelor Degree required
- Demonstrated willingness to take initiative, naturally inquisitive
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Rally, SAFe Agile
- Working knowledge of servicing portals (i.e. CSP, OSCA)
- Knowledge of Credit Operations
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2020, 10:25:42 AM