Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Global Merchant Services Technology is on an exciting journey to transform the merchant payment experience driven by an energetic team of high performers. If you have the talent and desire to deliver state-of-the-art products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our Technology team! This group is nimble, creative and empowered to shape the merchant payment landscape. If you are a seasoned and collaborative Engineer with a passion to drive and build innovative solutions on cutting edge technologies, look no further.
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
Purpose of the Role:
Your primary responsibility is to lead the development of our next generation distributed platform, aligning resources and delivery with business growth and diversification, while significantly improving service quality and cost-effectiveness. We expect the individual to be innovative and energetic with strong communications skills.
This is a techno-scrum master role where the Engineer is expected to have dual responsibilities of scrum master and Senior Engineer to be hands-on and guide team.
By being a core member of an agile team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Building scalable quality software solutions by designing, writing code and unit tests through consistent development practices with a focus on continuous integration/continuous deployment, continuous monitoring and automated testing
- Technical Project Managers oversees execution of cross-functional development projects from initiation through release utilizing Agile/Scrum concepts, SDLC methodologies and principles where appropriate
- Works in partnership with Product Owners and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met
- As a lead - debugging software components, identifying code defects and remediating
- Participating in code reviews
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Demonstrating increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influencing team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Collaborating with a team of Engineers, Scrum Master and Product Owner to effectively achieve objectives
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members to success within the team
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
Are you up for the challenge?
· Experience in Agile projects and insights into Project Management in an IT environment with a proven track record of success within a customer-centric company
· Ability to coordinate, plan and execute an IT project, paying particular focus to Cost, Schedule, Time and the Customer Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of software development experience with strong knowledge in Java, Spring, Rest APIs.
- Experience on Spark and / or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure is a plus.
- Willing to be groomed as a scrum master
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
· PMI / Scrum Master Certification preferred
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2020, 2:36:37 AM