Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting Cloud transformation led by a high-energy, delivery-focused team. This group is nimble and creative, with the power to define our technology and product roadmap. The Enterprise Cloud Security Engineer is an integral member of the Cloud Security Team who, designs and develops tools to deliver security requirements for the enterprise, and will ensure the success of the American Express journey towards hybrid cloud.
You will work closely with other Information Security departments, architecture and the Enterprise Cloud team, as well as external cloud providers on requirements, design, integration and delivery of these solutions. This position demands a well-organized, action oriented team player with the ability to prioritize daily work and the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously, to have a command on cutting edge technologies, and an understanding of and drive to deliver end-to-end process and solutions focused on great user experience.
Provide security and engineering expertise and guidance to the Cloud Program, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Cloud Application Architecture subprograms
Collaborate with enterprise architects and SMEs to deliver complete security architecture solutions
Serve as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops tools to delivery security requirements for the enterprise
Own all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
Perform hands-on software development, typically spending about 60% of time writing code, APIs, doing proof of concepts and conducting code reviews
Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
Interface with Cloud Engineering teams to provide security perspective during design
Lead the technical design and deployment of global projects including security solutions for internal and external IaaS and PaaS clouds
Capture requirements; build functional specifications, timelines, adoption plans and other artifacts to support security implementation
The Cloud Security Team (CS) is tasked with providing centralized requirements and security recommendations to ensure American Express designs a cloud journey with security integration across all layers of Hybrid Cloud. The team works with multi-functional and cross-enterprise teams that define requirements, develop architecture specifications, select and pilot new technologies, develop enterprise-scale deployment plans and lead implementations for security capabilities across the AXP Cloud Journey. The program will engage and work with IS stakeholders through several channels: Creation of a Cloud Security Center of Excellence where alignment, buy-in, and consultative reviews can occur, Assist in requirements collection and tracking for Cloud security to align to IS Standards, Partner with Enterprise Architecture to build security into every facet of Architecture design, and ultimately provide security support to Cloud teams across all cloud functions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Information Security background from one of the following domains: IAM, Incident Response, Infrastructure Security, or Cryptography (data protection)
- Experience in microservices architecture an asset
- Understanding of classical or cloud-native design patterns
- Experience building and consuming REST or GraphQL APIs a plus
- Experience with Docker, Open Containers Initiative, and/or similar
- Experience using one or more prominent software frameworks desirable
- Experience with distributed data stores, NoSQL/SQL databases, messaging systems, and data structure fundamentals preferable
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, and continuous integration/delivery
- A solid understanding of how network-oriented applications work including security, and development best-practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field; and/or equivalent experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2020, 1:54:47 PM