American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
This Technology delivery leadership position is responsible for critical initiative planning and execution in support of Consumer and Commercial business strategies within a large-scale Agile environment.
In this role, you will execute highly complex and company-wide, end to end (E2E) technology delivery for American Express. These initiatives are often comprised of multiple products and you will plan, direct and deliver these strategic programs from initiation through implementation. You will partner with multi-functional product teams, business owners, engineering teams and external organizations to interpret objectives into features and solutions, drive delivery processes and execution, remove impediments, manage risk, and promote continuous improvement. You will also be responsible for facilitating program level events such as release planning, inspect and adapt, and scrum of scrums. Your technical acumen, especially regarding system integrations and quality engineering, will be applied to identify solutions, construct informed plans, lead technology risk mitigation, and deliver quality products.
To succeed, you will need to combine delivery excellence practices with practical, flexible approaches resulting in value and efficiency for our business. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about Agile, and can lead culture and attitude shifts at all levels of the organization driving higher quality, faster time to market, and optimized investment performance. This is an outstanding opportunity to join our organization and fundamentally change how technology solutions are delivered. Can you lead teams collaborating on large programs within the context of an Agile evolution?
- Leads teams and supports product engineering in a scaled agile environment delivering very large business solutions or programs
- Serves as the main point of technology contact from initiative inception to delivery
- For the portfolio supported, works with business leaders and senior-level architects to help shape the strategy for value stream delivery
- Leads a methodology driven quality plan in terms of delivery, features and schedule
- Proactively identifies technical delivery and portfolio level risks and implements mitigations.
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with product management, architecture, engineering, production operations, and external technology partners ensuring cohesive plans and regular communication of delivery progress
- Orchestrates release quality engineering through test planning and execution
- Works with technology operations to ensure quality and performance of production releases
- Sees opportunities and executes continuous improvements for agile delivery at scale
- Contributes to the investment decision process through innovative ideas, input to sequencing and highlighting other technology delivery considerations.
- Responsible for people leadership and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of
experience leading multi-product, cross platform, technology integration
deliveries that require Business, Technology, and Third Party partners.
- SAFe Certified preferred with hands-on delivery experience applying SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- 3 years Scrum Master experience preferred
- 3 years hands-on technology software API implementation, system integration or comparable experience
- Validated servant-leadership ability
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
This role requires the finalist be based out of the New York City or Phoenix, Arizona offices and to be in our office daily. We are not considering candidates that want to work remotely. There will be no relocation assistance offered for this role.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 20, 2020, 6:21:56 PM