The Enterprise Digital Member Experiences team is responsible for deepening Card Member engagement through our digital experiences, with a primary focus on Membership mobile app, web and push channels. The team’s mission is to dramatically increase digital engagement and customer satisfaction through a combination of superior user experience and compelling features and functionality. The team’s primary remit is to define and deliver digital experiences and best-in-class innovation.
As part of the Enterprise Digital and Analytics (ED&A) team, we have a collective focus on also growing revenue from our existing customer base. We have a global and Enterprise wide remit, working closely with many teams to deploy mobile, web and push experiences to meet the growing needs of our Members globally and across all lines of business.
The Manager, Strategy & Planning, will report to the Global VP of Design and User Research and will be responsible for various executive office responsibilities within the Design and Research team, working closely with the broader Digital Product teams across Web, Mobile and Digital Communications/Push channels. In addition to responsibilities within the Design and Research team, this individual will also play a role in broader colleague engagement activities across Enterprise Digital Membership Experiences, partnering closely with the SVP office. Overall, responsibilities will cut across 4 core areas of focus, including, but not limited to:
- Overall budget & planning:will work closely with DesignOps team on managing overall budget forecasting, planning and optimization of funding.
- Colleague experience and ops: will partner closely with VP and HR on design team colleague value proposition, end-to-end recruitment operations and overall team operations.
- Team Health & Scorecard: will work with VP on development of a design maturity framework and team scorecard that will not only help measure our operational maturity but also overall team health.
- Strategic Projects:will lead strategic projects that are centered around scaling design, experience strategy and Enterprise design education, including support of strategic presentations for Senior Leader audience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an analytical, detailed and strategic individual who also has a passion for UX and Design, as well as driving cross functional collaboration at scale. We are also looking for a self-starter and someone who is highly curious, with a desire to work in a creative capacity.
- Ensure effective annual planning and day-to-day management of UXR/Design team budget (including travel & expense, advertising & promotion and more)
- Planning and developing strategic content/agenda for meetings (town halls/staff meetings, leadership meetings, team engagement activities, etc.)
- Develop a system for overseeing Design recruitment efforts at scale and talent development planning in conjunction with HR/recruitment partners in the enterprise
- Understand strategic priorities for EDME and leverage team roadmaps to help craft presentations for key stakeholders
- Develop collateral and learning materials for team
- Support wider strategic initiatives especially in early stages of development
- Partner closely with Design Managers on our overall Design Management Office roadmap
- Provide ad-hoc support cross-functionally to other VPs and leaders within EDME as needed
- Results driven with the ability to see the “bigger picture” while also understanding key details
- Analytical with ability to synthesize data into facts and stories
- Self-starter, who is able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Understanding of user experience design and research within the context of digital product management organizations
- Excellent communication skills
- Foundational design skills are an added bonus; this role will help with presentations and collateral that will often include high fidelity designs, videos, animations and embedded prototypes and solid understanding of design principles is helpful
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Keynote skills
- Familiarity with Sketch, Photoshop and other design tools, a plus
- Understanding of internal financial and colleague performance systems at American Express, a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 3, 2020, 5:11:59 PM