Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The world’s best colleague digital experience. That’s what we deliver. Everywhere. Every day.
American Express’s global employees and contractors (we call them colleagues) are served by an award-winning Digital Workplace team that enables communication, connection, collaboration and productivity – and we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for a customer-empathetic, product-orientated, problem solver to coordinate outcome focused improvements across multiple digital workplace product teams that super-charge the end-to-end journeys the enable how work is done at American Express.
Who you are:
You are a servant leader who loves nothing more than ensuring teams have all they need to do what they do best – delivering exceptional digital workplace products. Be it facilitating workshops to uncover the best solution to a strategic problem or coordinating product roadmaps to realize greater value.
You have a knack for technology, but only so that you can ask the poignant questions to get to the best solution and be a champion for the people who’ll use the journey. You are less concerned with the specific details of what is being worked on at any given time, and more interested in ensuring that teams are pulling in the same direction.
You help product teams see the big picture and rally around agreed problems and outcomes. You aren’t afraid of the complexities inherent in an interconnected enterprise ecosystem and love to help team’s problem solve how to not let these affect our colleague’s experience.
You are at home in a matrixed organization and enjoy the challenge of bringing your dynamic partners together around a shared vision. You lead by influence. You love to prove yourself through measurable results.
American Express aspires to provide the world’s best customer experience every day and to do that, the colleagues who work here need an extraordinary digital workplace. Are you ready to build the best digital workplace the universe has ever seen?
Are these things you like to do?
- Use your knowledge of, and personal experience with, agile practices to help shape and optimize value providing structures that support our transformation to an organization focused on end-to-end colleague journeys.
- Create and run processes and procedures that facilitate joined-up thinking and commitments so that product teams can work together seamlessly and add the most value.
- Measure your success by how fast and frictionless it is for the team of teams to define, deliver, measure, review and take appropriate action to maximize the journey’s value.
- Be uncomfortably open in all you do, breaking down siloed working through action and demonstration, as well as process.
- Be a mentor, coach and guide to ensure product teams have all the support they need to be successful with this shift in mindset to thinking across multiple products, platforms, and functional owners.
- Influence the work at hand by facilitating discussions and decision-making with journey team members on the best coordinated solution deliveries to strategic problems and coordinate a joined-up roadmap that that truly improve the colleague experience and deliver the greatest value for the work being done.
- Not afraid to get it wrong. Have a love of learning and experimenting to continuously improve, making process and procedure improvements to streamline and optimize how we work together.
- Partner with product teams to remove any impediments they can’t remove themselves that prevent them being able to prioritize this work in their backlogs.
- Provide the necessary insights, and facilitate discussions, that enables product directors and owners to identify the difficult but crucial decisions surrounding the work we should not pursue so that we remain focused on the greatest value-add improvements that make the biggest difference to our colleagues.
- Be metric-driven. Quantifying the value of a change to a colleague journey, tracking improvement over time, and partnering with diverse product owners to adjust plans if necessary.
- Unrivalled passion to create the world’s best colleague digital experience
- The ability to deliver insights about multiple products and their roadmaps in a way that generates a commitment to deliver on shared outcomes from the product teams.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills without dictating a solution or direction.
- A proven track record of building high levels of trust and creditability across an organization that allows you to influence without authority and develop followership.
- Ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including
- senior leadership
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn about new technology quickly and easily
- Experience building, servant-leading and nurturing a “team of teams” that work together to offer a cohesive suite of products
- Launched large-scale product offerings in a complex, enterprise environment
- Shown how your exceptional collaboration with other departments has enabled superior products to be efficiently planned, deployed and maximized
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience
- SPC or SA certification required; RTE certification a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2020, 9:46:37 PM