American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
If you have a strong will to learn and educate and are motivated by the opportunity to help grow our team and be a part of an industry-leading technology and innovation organization, then look no further! There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
At Credit and Collection organization, we are building a cross functional agile team to deliver best-in-class servicing platform for our customers using modern open source technology operating in the cloud. Team members utilize today’s best engineering practices and techniques to build and ship software in small batches to continuously deliver incremental value.
Located in Sunrise, Florida, American Express has a fresh, fun, collaborative, and creative environment in the new regional headquarters campus— a rare find in South Florida.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Writing excellent code on the platform and services that power American Express global servicing team.
- Contributing to key architectural decisions.
- Collaborating with architects, product owners, delivery managers, developers and other scrum teams to deliver a quality product.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Mentoring other engineers and actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership.
- Evangelize engineering best practices and techniques throughout the engineering organization.
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating calculated risk taking.
- Transform our systems to the next level platforms.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of object-oriented design, full stack web development and building REST APIs in Java, Java Script or Python, Java is preferred.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline.
- Experience delivering advanced solutions for a high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed web application.
- Experience with various architectures: Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Cloud Native and Event Driven Architecture.
- Strong proficiency in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular. React experience is a bonus.
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with testing: Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Integration Testing, Load Testing, Test Automation.
- Worked in a large matrixed organization.
- Business Product Knowledge - Working knowledge of the finance and credit lending industry.
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your fellow engineers.
- Strong sense of extreme ownership and a big proponent of DevOps culture.
- Experience with messaging and streaming technology.
- Prior experience leading high performing agile development team.
- Experience with Java based service frameworks.
- Exposure to Financial Services and Banking concepts.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020, 9:01:52 PM