Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Information Security Specialist position is within the Information Security, Network Security Architecture and Engineering group. This position is a lead position focused on security engineering and architecture including design, development, test and implementation of security related project deliverables.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and support to team members and collaborate with business partners, other functional groups within American Express and outside vendors to ensure the successful delivery of solutions.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in enterprise-level network and security solutions with strong skills and proficiency in network design and troubleshooting.
The candidate should have the ability to define requirements and apply them to system design and implementation goals as well as proven experience managing standard project lifecycle for network and security related projects.
Requires five plus years with Network and Network Security experience including experience with Route/switch infrastructure and Next Generation firewalls.
Experience designing and deploying secured solutions for interoperable systems.
Knowledge and experience of Networking concepts including routing, switching and troubleshooting at a CCNP/CCIE level.
Clear understanding of Client / Server applications.
- Proactive attitude towards managing Risks and Issues.
- Ability to organize, manage to deadlines, and control concurrent initiatives.
- Demonstrate awareness and knowledge of network and security related best practices.
- Highly skilled in impact analysis and problem solving/issue resolution.
- Ability to perform at a high level under pressure, manage crisis response activities, lead/coordinate activities of cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities, workloads, and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with Business and Technologies Leaders and staff.
- Requires presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train, influence, and mentor other team members.
- Experience in relationship management and collaboration skills with external vendor partners, technology colleagues and business partners.
- Possess problem solving skills with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions
- Knowledge and experience of public/private cloud and infrastructure virtualization preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Experience with IT/IS standards and governance processes preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with web-based proxy and cloud proxy preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2020, 11:38:26 AM