Data Analyst, Customer 360
This position sits within the Customer 360, Enterprise Digital Application Experience & Platforms team, which is a part of the broader Enterprise Digital and Analytics organization.
The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals or businesses) and having a holistic understanding of that customer. Customer 360 is an American Express-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This will fundamentally reshape our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging American Express internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
The position partners closely with risk, marketing, digital, servicing, and technology teams on strategic projects focused on enriching the quality of customer demographic data, building intelligence and insights, supporting modernization of the platform and enabling adoption of use cases.
We’re looking for a high caliber analyst who is able to work in a cross-functional team and lead various project efforts for certain use cases.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Analyze and work on large data set of American Express Commercial Customers to identify business entities and their relationships globally.
- Work with extensive data sets in Big Data to uncover pattern, problem & unleash value for the Enterprise.
- Evaluate internal and external data sources with a focus on improving data accuracy / coverage and generate recommendation on the best source to be used.
- Partner with Data Science team to implement advanced data matching and arbitration algorithms.
- Closely partner with Technology team to frame business requirements (user-stories), test and deliver data capability projects using Agile methodology.
- Support leadership in executing recommendations for the long-term data strategy, incorporating both business and technical needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related (quantitative) field is a plus.
- 1+ years professional experience is desired.
- Proven experience with data products or data capabilities is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable analytical aptitude and ability to analyze data to come up with meaningful insights and make informed business decisions.
- Exposure to end-to-end product management / project management (using agile methodology) to quickly convert ideas into objectives, execute priorities and successfully deliver new products & solutions to market.
- Experience with analytical tools/skills such as Hive, SAS/SQL etc. will be required. Exposure to big data/hadoop technologies and analytical tools will be a plus.
- Ability to understand product architecture, and connect the dots between business objective and technical solution to make informed business decisions.
- Good business acumen to convey key benefits to customers and successfully launch new solutions.
- Self-starter who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills and be willing to adapt to new technologies / tools.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Knowledge of American Express closed-loop (Commercial/Merchant) data will be a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions..
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 21, 2020, 2:42:09 AM