Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
We are on a journey to reinvent the way American Express Technology attracts and develops talent. We are looking for someone to join our Global leadership team that is passionate about attracting, developing, and retaining the best technology talent. In this role, you would guide a team that has ownership of developing and executing both regional and global technology Best Talent programs.
Liaising with local leadership, you would understand the regional businesses and ensure needs such as real estate, talent pipeline, and hiring plans support business objectives and is aligned with the global strategy. Additionally, this leader will own global workstreams that cover Technical Learning and Development, career paths, promotions, and assessments
As a global team we will work together to:
Develop a global technology colleague value proposition in partnership with human resources, marketing, and communication partners to develop regional branding material that differentiates American Express as the best place to work as a technologist.
Execute Global talent strategy focused on diverse technology talent pipeline, events, programs and partnerships.
Inspire change with a strategy that includes the development and delivery of internal communications.
Lead the regional intern and new graduate program; identify hiring leaders and secure placements for apprentice, intern and graduate roles.
Build career pathways, learning platforms, and programs that ensure our colleagues have ability to develop technical and leadership skills making them leaders in the field.
This role offers the opportunity to partner with senior leadership and have significant impact on the way we attract and develop a diverse colleague population to make American Express the best place to work for someone passionate about technology!
If you have:
- Served as a change agent with a solid track record of implementing ground-breaking change across a global, matrixed organization
- Developed strong working relationships and solid ability to influence and lead change across leadership teams
- Experience with in-depth problem solving, analytical analysis, reporting and presentation to senior leaders and key partners
- Deep knowledge of the latest human resource practices, including career pathing, especially within a technology environment
- Shown you are outcome focused with a record of attracting, identifying, and retaining top talent
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to adapt a message to the appropriate audience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Human Resources, or related field
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2020, 4:01:48 AM