Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life withoiut it.
GSCG Finance Director/CFO will play a key role in leading project-based business decision support; data analytics and modeling; financial planning and forecasting; investment management; and recurring monthly results tracking and reporting for the following businesses under the Global Consumer Services Group (“GCSG”):
- CFO for China Global Network Services issuing business
- Single Point of Contact for the China JV network business
The successful candidate will actively engage business partners and work on cross-functional teams to analyze, derive, and communicate valuable product and market-related analysis and insights. Further, by leveraging his/her financial knowledge, this candidate will help formulate the key strategies and make recommendations on how to best drive American Express’ growth and profitability throughout the China payments market.
Further, this position will serve as the key single point of contact (“SPOC”) with the China JV’s senior leaders including its CEO and CFO. The Director/CFO will act as the primarily on-site liaison across the enterprise-level AXP business units and the China JV’s management team. In this capacity, the successful candidate will proactively facilitate and ensure effective communication, collaboration, and alignment across our China businesses.
Business Decision Support: Partner with the various GMs and other key constituents across the Blue Box organization (e.g. Business Development, Product Management, Marketing, Acquisitions, Risk Management, Controllership). Provide senior management with timely finance-related analysis and recommendations across a range of critical business decisions.
Data Analytics and Modeling: Drive valuable insights and recommendations by creating, owning, and maintaining data analytics and financial models for multiple layers of our China business (e.g. China GNS business, China JV business, network-to-network I/C pricing layer, full AXP consolidation, etc.). Leverage such models to drive decision-making by running ad hoc scenarios and sensitivities.
Planning & Forecasting: Serve as a key local contact for the BU FP&A team, GCSG Finance HQ team, and other COEs while driving the business forecasting process. Gather firsthand inputs from the China JV to more accurately project future business performance and guide forecasts based on current trends, risks, and opportunities.
Investment Management: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize investment capacity and optimize available funding towards those initiatives which demonstrate an optimal risk-weighted return, while balancing short-term must-do’s with long-term objectives.
Results Tracking & Reporting: Provide detailed analysis and supporting commentary on actuals vs. budget variances. Examine monthly results and P&L outcomes and further communicate business performance and inform senior management on financial reporting data.
- Experienced candidate with 7-10 years of financial analysis, corporate finance and/or relevant experience, preferably with financial services industry knowledge
- Finance qualification or equivalent experience and/or MBA preferred
- Strong executive presence, professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to interact with and build consensus across multiple levels of the organization
- Strong followership and people leadership experience with demonstrated success in identifying, developing and retaining top talent
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with senior executives and cross-functional teams and understand key business issues and concerns from multiple perspectives
- Highly seasoned in deriving and communicating insights and recommendations, demonstrating thought leadership and being proactive in driving the Finance agenda
- Capable of managing and prioritizing tasks concurrently; effective at prioritizing multiple workstreams and meeting tight internal and external partner deadlines
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously at the senior leadership level
- Knowledge of AXP’s card issuance business, including key drivers, familiarity with P&L revenue and expense lines and Finance processes preferred
- Knowledge of the China card payments market, banking industry, third-party payment providers, etc. a plus
- Must be fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
This role will be based full-time out of our Shanghai office.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020, 12:42:39 AM