This is a Band 30 Role
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
• The Process Risk and Audit Management team is the centralized team with a primary function to assess risks and provide control expertise to te Business Group (GSG), by ensuring all categories of risk are being managed and controlled in line with risk appetite of the business and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Support the effective execution of the PRSA Framework across all processes across business.
• Support the development of key measures and reporting to monitor the execution of the PRSA Framework and to assess the effectiveness of the control environment.
• Support initiatives and provide consultation on risks that needs to be considered by the business and ensure risks are properly assessed, measured and mitigated.
• Perform data analysis to identify patterns and trends on process/control gap opportunities.
• Provide actionable insights to drive the appropriate response in the management, mitigation or elimination of risk.
• Manage projects related to the implementation of risk mitigation and control enhancement initiatives across Business Group.
• Build strong relationships with business partners to understand business objectives and potential risks to support business partners effectively in effective management of risks
• Create significant value for business stakeholders by leveraging data tools and capabilities to solve critical risk problems within the business unit.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships with business partners and their teams as well as Operational Risk governance and Risk SME functions outside the business unit.
• Strong planning skills/project management, experienced with working in a complex operational environment.
• Resilient team player and self-motivated with the ability to initiate and execute multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to perform analytics and think critically about the process control environment.
• Management Consulting /Risk Management with strong analytical and technical skills.
• Worked with Big Data Platforms (Hive,Hadoop).
• Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree (Statistics, Math or Computer technology preferable).
• Working knowledge of data presentation & visualization tools.
• Conversant with Office tools like Excel, Access and Visio.
• Experience with process mapping.
• Strong Analytical and technical skills providing insights with Python, SQL, Hive, Spark will be an asset.
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Working knowledge of Hadoop, Big Data, Cornerstone, Yellowbrick.
• Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective.
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential.
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020, 12:17:14 PM