This role is for a Business Specialist in the Regulatory Reporting automation program. The Manager will be responsible for driving the definition, gathering, exploration, and analysis of Finance data to deliver the end-to-end automation of our regulatory reporting platform.
This individual will coordinate with several groups within American Express during the course of designing, implementing, and migrating the implemented solution into production. The individual selected will partner closely with the Product Owners to support defining functionality to be built, collaborate with Technology to design how functionality will work and validate at regular intervals that the software features developed align with original requirements provided to the team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct data analysis on existing processes and datasets to understand and support Point of Arrival (POA) process design
- Resolve portfolios, data elements and grain of data required for designing processes
- Review data scenarios and provide clarification on how to report on these scenarios in alignment with regulatory mentorship
- Identify and support business requirements, functional design, prototyping, testing, training, and supporting implementations
- Create functional specification and process specific design documentation to support process and report owner requirements
- Document and understand core components of solution architecture including data patterns, data-related capabilities, and standardization and conformance of disparate datasets
- Support the implementation of master and reference data to be used across operational and reporting processes
- Write features and users stories, to be used by delivery scrum teams under the agile methodology, based on interpretation of American Express regulatory reporting requirements to guide technology delivery for the end-to-end automated solution
- Participate in daily meetings with the pods (implementation groups for various portfolios of the Company for data sourcing and regulatory classification and reporting).
- Work closely and coordinate with various Product Owners, Process Owners, Subject Matter Authorities, Solution Architecture colleagues, and Data Management team to ensure builds are appropriate for American Express products
- Lead user acceptance testing, parallel run testing, and any other testing required to ensure the build meets the requirements authored including development and execution of test cases, and documentation of results
- Build executable testing algorithms that enable validation of the encouraged system functionality, including replication of deterministic logic and filtering criteria
- Fulfill Data Governance requirements for reporting
- Display thought leadership, drive process, and support work/life balance initiatives
- SQL and data analysis experience
- Product/platform understanding and process design experience
- Testing management and execution experience
- Foundational data warehousing principles and data modeling preferred
- Agile trained preferred
- Financial reporting or accounting experience
- A good understanding of the banking products
- Exhibits interpersonal skills with the ability to meet/exceed critical deadlines and lead multiple deliverables simultaneously
- A self-starter, proactive great teammate with a passion to consistently deliver high quality service and exceed customers’ expectations
- Superb Communication Skills; Verbal, Written
- Strong relationship building, presentation and teamwork skills
- Bachelors Degree
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020, 7:37:59 PM