The Global Airport Benefits Team is part of the Global Benefits and Services organization, focused on delivering world class, differentiated customer benefits to American Express customers. Serving as a center of excellence to support our Consumer, Commercial, and Lending products across the enterprise, this team is responsible for the strategy, rollout, and delivery of airport benefits globally. This includes management of The American Express Global Lounge Collection, which provides Platinum and Centurion Members access to 1,100 lounges around the world, including our proprietary network of Centurion® Lounges.
The role of the Regional Manager is to ensure that the highest possible level of service is provided at American Express’s proprietary lounges in the US and abroad. This individual will oversee the operations teams in a number of the American Express Centurion lounges, with direct reporting responsibility of the on-site team leaders.
As a member of the operation’s team, the incumbent is responsible for working with business partners and internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of a world class customer experience. Key focus for this role will be on achieving operational excellence across our network, including daily operations within the lounges, execution of opening new lounges, and working with the third-party food and beverage operator on the overall lounge experience. Ability to analyze and resolve issues, seek improvements in cost and quality, and enhance servicing opportunities will be vital in future and existing lounges.
The Regional Manager will spend a considerable amount of time in a leadership role with direct management oversight of the lounge Team Leaders (TLs), onsite third-party food and beverage operators and is accountable for four major areas of responsibility.
1. Maintain overall accountability to the customer by ensuring best in class service delivery across all lounges:
- Ensure team leaders, third party operators and MSP’s actively meet and exceed customer requirements and service level agreements
- Monitor key service delivery metrics in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify any gaps or process failings around productivity and quality metrics
- Drive continuous process improvement in addressing any service deficiencies
- Maintain overall accountability through effective customer issue resolution of disputes and client satisfaction
2. Foster an environment focused on positive employee engagement focusing on people management and development:
- Provide ongoing leadership and support to Team Leaders and direct reports through coaching and feedback on documented goals and development plans
- Promote an environment that fosters success through effective reward and recognition of high performing team members
- Actively contribute to the overall acquisition and development of top talent
3. Accountability for location specific P&L targets, productivity and operational cost objectives through effective and superior leadership:
- Ensure all resources are allocated and managed based on workflow, service level agreements and quality metrics
- Adopt an analytical approach to track overall customer experience and team productivity
- Maintain overall accountability for operational costs and revenue.
- Drive continuous process improvement and winning strategies across the team on quality of service metrics, productivity and profitability
- Maintain the pristine look of that lounge from opening until close.
4. Ensure a smooth launch of all new lounges and the seamless transition from opening to ongoing operations.
Leading Work Teams: Ability to establish expectations and clear direction to meet goals and objectives of on-going work for a group of employees. Ability to motivate and engage employees through effective communication.
Managing Work and Performance: Ability to assign work and to establish work rules and acceptable levels of quality and quantity of work. Ability to review work and evaluate performance of others, and to develop individuals’ competencies.
Developing Winning Strategies: Ability to identify problems, determines possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues. Ability to also create an operational plan and standard operating procedures with the broader team for each location.
Developing Talent: Ability to plan and support the development of others through a competency-based system. Ability to identify knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities effectively. Knowledge of training with a train the trainer approach to employee development.
Communication: Ability to present information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey information clearly and concisely to groups or individuals either verbally or in writing to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
Coaching/Mentoring: Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help an employee or groups of employees strengthen their knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish a task or solve a problem, which in turn should improve job performance.
Business Administration: Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures. Ability to allocate resources, plan procurement and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal stability of the organization.
- The incumbent must be highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, have proven track record of relationship-building skills, and must be able to resolve problems in real-time and with little guidance.
- Lounge experience, food & beverage knowledge, P & L responsibility and customer servicing experience is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- This position will be based at JFK airport Centurion Lounge
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people. The powerful backing of American Express.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2020, 4:10:12 PM