Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Join our team as the Director of Portfolio Management and work with senior technology and business leaders to ensure maximum value and overall health of the portfolio plan, with a strategic focus on investment optimization. You will be responsible for the Digital Acquisition and Loyalty Experiences technology portfolio, reporting to the VP of Digital Acquisition and Loyalty Experiences technology. Help us shape a fun, high performing technology organization.
On any given day you might:
- Actively participate in the investment decisioning process by identifying business opportunities where technology can improve the value of the business.
- Define and plan the investment portfolio, prioritizing investments based on business/technical resource availability and business priorities
- Collaborate with the Finance organization to reconcile and forecast the cost of delivering the plan. Monitor and track multiple portfolios against delivery, cost, budget, forecast, schedule and quality targets
- Work with the Enterprise PMO to design how deliverables are handled through tools such as Rally & JIRA, and determine how strategic initiatives are reported at the enterprise level
- Ensure we adhere to all risk management, compliance, and audit requirements
- Lead all aspects of contingent workforce management in conjunction with the vendor management team.
- Facilitate hiring with partners in human resources and recruiting
- Partner with the executive team, including the chief of staff, Executive Assistant, and technical team leaders to ensure the organization is operating effectively
Requirements for this position:
- Financial Management Acumen; experience supporting an organization’s financial operating plan
- Experience in Agile
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Math, Engineering, or a related field
Also critical to your success:
- Passion for process innovation
- Attention to detail, relentless desire to "get it right"
- Ability to build and leverage positive relationships with the team and partners
- Experience working in a distributed team model and collaborating with remote team members
- Appetite for taking risks and motivating change in a large organization
Experience working with an engineering organization.
You are excited about technology.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2020, 12:50:36 AM