About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) is a key component of the value proposition of the American Express premium card products – the Centurion & Platinum cards, delivering Travel and Lifestyle benefits, to exceed the very demanding needs of our most discerning card members.
The benefits/services are delivered through the Customer Service operations around world as well as by online capabilities. By driving innovation and change, TLS is rapidly transforming its economic and customer servicing business model via relationship management capabilities and the addition of multiple
Purpose of the role:
The role of the Director, TLS India will lead premium customer service strategy and operations in India for our premium products and will be responsible for the transformation of the TLS servicing model, leveraging global capabilities, assets and partnerships. In addition, he/she will partner with the ICS/GCS organization to achieve their short term goals as well as the growth strategy aspirations towards 2020 and beyond.
The Director will also work closely with the local market stakeholders, colleagues across TLS Globally and external parties to achieve these objectives. This position will be instrumental in assessing new opportunities and providing thought leadership and strong operational management to drive strategic priorities in India as well as across JAPA for key strategic initiatives.
The Director will serve as part of the TLS JAPA Leadership team and the TLS International Management team.
Key focus areas:
• Customer Service Centre Management - Travel and Lifestyle servicing, Platinum and Centurion card members, operating 24/7/365 around the world.
• Develop and lead strong change management and transformation initiatives.
• Leading over 250+ employees and contracted staff with market diversity and customer experience.
• Drive growth of the On-line business, to drive increased customer engagement and channel transformation through cost effective channels.
• Manage an estimated Travel turnover of $82MM USD sales, and maximize efficiency of $4.5 MM USD cost base across Travel and Lifestyle servicing.
• Serve as Premium Travel and Lifestyle expert for the market containing some of the most engaged, affluent consumers in the world.
• Lead and drive the talent strategy, colleague engagement and a strong focus on developing people, and ability to be an influential change leader for the organization.
• Drive transformation of servicing channels, business efficiencies and growth
• Build a mid-term and long term servicing strategy for TLS India.
• Ensure the premium product service teams are resourced, trained, supported, equipped and continuously motivated to consistently deliver the highest levels of personal Travel and Lifestyle service, meeting rational and emotional expectations, and creating clear differentiation in the Premium Card market.
• Ensure strong alignment with the global TLS teams to support the globalization of servicing as well as delivery of benefits to premium Amex Card members worldwide.
• Ensure the individual market is able to grow at a rapid pace without compromise to premium customer experience and balancing the cost base.
• Lead the implementation of key strategic priorities for transforming TLS India operations. Support the implementation of additional transformation initiatives for TLS JAPA.
• Manage and integrate new partnerships to strategically evolve our business model, deliver new revenue sources and drive incremental growth initiatives for India.
• Ensure that Budgetary and Financial targets and controls are met to enhance the profitability of American Express.
• Achieve world class long term value by addressing all elements of the financial dynamic including share-of-wallet analysis, sale mix, and revenue levers of product, pricing, process and people.
• Expand the online channels to drive higher engagement and increased penetration of travel spend and shift from Offline to Online.
• Drive profitable Travel and Lifestyle business opportunities in Card member base (through clear evaluation of internal data, business analysis, external market knowledge and research)
• Lead development of compelling, profitable Travel / Lifestyle offers, products, services and delivery mechanisms for these segments, working with internal partners to ensure that the value created drives consistent differentiation from competition in both Travel and Lifestyle industries.
• Develop and execute servicing strategies for supporting all new product launches/refreshes and new card acquisition growth plans in the market. Ensure the evolution of the Centurion servicing model to remain best in class premium customer experiences.
• Work closely with the global team to continually evaluate and transform the TLS service model in the market as well as help inform and deliver the global transformation of TLS around the world.
• Drive and lead Business process improvement initiatives for both International and Domestic operations in India to drive maximum efficiency.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Proven background experience in large team Leadership positions, including Sales, Marketing and Customer Service operations.
• Proven track record in leading large service organization towards digital transformation.
• Inspiring leadership to engage a large and diverse organization.
• Proven track record of delivering KPI's based on efficiency, productivity and performance targets.
• Strong understanding of how to deliver industry leading, highly differentiated, premium customer experience.
• Business model and financial understanding and proven management abilities, to drive effective contracting with suppliers, sales mix and revenue in a high volume, low margin service environment.
• Successful track record driving change management in organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to lead in an ambiguous environment and shape and drive growth plans.
• Proven relationship management and collaboration skills at a senior level in market, as well as outside of the market, in order to manage critical internal and third party supplier relationships and globally with TLS colleagues.
• Excellent change management and communication skills to shape a strategic vision, drive execution and manage profitability whilst engaging a large employee population.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead without direct authority to work productively in a heavily matrixed leadership environment.
• Strong project management skills including experience of managing major change, such as significant reengineering of processes and structure.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• Put enterprise thinking first and balance the needs of the customers, colleagues and shareholders
• Lead with an external perspective, challenging status quo and bring continuous innovation
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with highest level of integrity
• Lead with a Growth and increasingly relevant Digital mindset to drive customer centric outcomes that help deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
Shift Timings: Day Shift
• Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like; Put Enterprise Thinking First; Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others with You: Build the Best Team; Seek and Provide Coaching and Feedback; Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It the Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly, and Clearly; Make Decisions Quickly and Effectively; Live the Blue Box Values; Demonstrate the Courage Great Leadership Demands.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2020, 11:34:23 AM