Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Corporate Controllership plays a key role in advising all areas of business and our unique insights are valued in highly competitive environment. This organization collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting and advisory services, while supporting the Company in its external reporting activities.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a proactive, energetic and dedicated individual who can integrate well into this high performing and dynamic environment with the ability to operate both successfully and efficiently across varying tasks and deadlines, and who demonstrates strong communication and collaboration skills. This position will advise Finance and GCO business partners on proper accounting and reporting for Legal Reserves, Restructuring and Other Exit Costs
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure Controls & Compliance with prevailing policies & procedures such as SOX, Process Risk Self Assessment (PRSA), etc.
• Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes to ensure integrity and confidentiality of Personal Identification Information (PII)
• Ensure governance over Corporate Segment Balance Sheet on a quarterly basis.
• Extensive coordination & collaboration with various groups like GCO, Market Controllers, Business Groups, Vendor Payables, Accounting, Compliance teams (SOX, IAG, PwC etc.) for gathering information related to legal/ restructuring matters and understanding the matter for proposed required reserves and subsequent accounting
• E2E oversight, accounting and reporting of AXP restructuring and litigation activities.
• Preparing the AXP annual footnote disclosures, legal entity financial disclosures, and BHC reporting for related process
• Expected to analyze business risks and opportunities and align on regulatory requirements, supporting internal and external auditors with audit and quarterly review requirements
• Responsible for managing monthly accounting for various legal entities ensuring monthly journal entry (MJE) protocol to meet compliance, completeness & accuracy standards.
• Stakeholder relationship management
Critical Factors to Success:
• Own & maintain financial/data integrity while managing end-to-end global accounting processes
• Pro-actively develop meaningful data insights/trends to enable finance decision support to our customer’s/business partners for more effective planning & forecasting activities
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Demonstrate problem solving/analytical skills and prior experience in a fast paced, results-driven organization.
• Experience in ensuring control and compliance for the process (SOX, PRSA etc.)
• Experience in Accounting and Reporting
• MBA (Finance)/ CA (preferably Big 4s) / CPA /MFC with 4-6 years of experience
• Understanding of operational, SOX & other related control framework compliance
• Ability to connect accounting & reporting
• Awareness of US GAAP/Local GAAP/IFRS (Accounting knowledge)
Knowledge of financial systems
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
• Ability to use analytical tools for financial systems such as Oracle, OBIEE, Essbase,etc.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift Timing: 11:30 am-7:30 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2020, 11:46:54 PM