One Amex is a product development platform which breaks business unit, market, and device boundaries to create cohesion, simplicity, and ubiquity across digital at American Express.
One Amex enables engineers to develop fast, scalable, and consistent websites. Since it follows an inner source model, everyone at American Express can view and contribute to any part of the platform. It is built on an open governance policy!
Being part of OneAmex is about being a platform champion to build reusable software that impacts our customers in a positive way though data and content. We are innovative and a global organization with activities in different customer experiences.
Join our team to create exciting new products and services that help all American Express customers. You will collaborate with a set of experienced product managers and act as a leader for defining how we gather, store, discover, and utilize content, data and information to deliver contextual customer experiences. You'll work closely with our data, analytics, machine learning, personalization, account experiences, consumer, servicing, merchant, and commercial teams to ensure they have the data and content they need to build the best of the best customer experiences and attack customer problems.
We are looking for a strong leader who can work at the intersection of business, engineering, and user experience, with deep domain knowledge of data or content management systems.
- Lead the creation of our data and/or content strategy, vision, and framework
- Define how the organization will gather and use data and analytics to deliver great customer experiences
- Define how content will be created, searched/retrieved, delivered, and its processes
- Obsess over customer needs and push to achieve these needs
- Partner across American Express teams to align and seek buy-in for the vision
- Prioritize initiatives (features) and create product roadmaps
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators to manage the business
- Develop business requirements and user stories
- Work closely with engineering, data, analytics and product management teams to deliver results
- Strong people leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, math, business, or related discipline;
- Deep knowledge of content management, data modeling, data infrastructure, and statistical and machine learning, SEO (one or more)
- Experience of 5+ years as a product manager of complex technologies
- Track record of shaping business strategy and roadmaps for technical products
- Ability to work with software development teams, data engineers, and data scientists to launch and improve data lakes and software applications
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to influence other teams
- Experience defining data needs and frameworks for customer facing products
- Strong understanding of the payments industry
- Track record of shipping enterprise grade global products
- Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
- MBA plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2020, 5:30:18 PM