Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
As an Information Security Specialist in the Payment Crypto Architecture team you will be responsible for defining and delivering cryptographic solutions by providing technical knowledge and architectural design across a diverse set of technical platforms. The position will require you to partner with Enterprise Architecture and Payment SMEs working across multiple projects with a focus on unifying the payment ecosystem in accordance with the ITRIS Payment Crypto strategy. This full-time position reports to the Staff Information Security Specialist, and encompasses the following key duties:
- Engagement with Industry bodies
- Provide holistic design and architecture for payment cryptographic systems.
- Close partnership with SMEs across the Payment ecosystem to partner on the development of strategic roadmaps and transformational opportunities for the payment crypto portfolio.
- Design and oversee security patterns and solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across one or more platforms.
- Significant contribution to setting technology direction, development of architecture and influence in implementation.
- Responsibility for leading parallel efforts and delivering high quality crypto/security engineering solutions on time.
- Ability to identify potential weaknesses and design strategic solutions to reduce risk.
- Interact with leaders, engineers and business partners to understand their objectives.
- Extend business product innovation through the adoption and implementation of technology.
- Facilitate a culture of continuous learning by leading in development sessions, such as PCI, EMV and GlobalPlatforms
Minimum QualificationsRequired skills:
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of cryptographic solutions in a diverse and global environment.
- Recent hands-on experience with cryptography technologies involving software and hardware integration and implementation, e.g. hardware security modules, trusted platform modules, authentication and encryption protocols, 3rd party crypto tools, PKI or key management
- Understanding of cryptography within the financial industry
- Experience with multiple payment product form factors (e.g., Card, Mobile, Online, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of applied cryptography in the field of Information Security including industry best practices.
- Ability to provide hands-on design, solutions and support to technical project teams.
- Expertise in designing and implementing scalable solution architectures that perform at a global enterprise scale.
- Able to effectively explain and communicate complex technological problems and solutions in easy to understand business language.
- Routinely introduces new and impactful technologies based on research, POC efforts and independent investigation.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or related field), or equivalent experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020, 2:10:52 AM