American Express has been in existence for 165 years servicing its customers with integrity, trust, security, and quality. Today, these attributes still form the foundation of our American Express brand. American Express employees are engaged and have a passion for their work. Our continued success is solely dependent on the talent that we attract to our organization, and the response that our people make to an ever-changing environment. Every new member of our global team has the opportunity to become a participant and not an observer, and by using your unique skills and background you can help us deliver superior products and services to our shareholders, customers and employees.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
The Global Services Group (GSG) is comprised of several interconnected business units which collectively provide service on a global scale, playing a central role in helping American Express achieve its vision of being the world’s most respected service brand.
As part of GSG, the Global Commercial Credit team (GCC) vison is to “Provide the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day”. GCC aims to strike the right balance between helping Commercial clients and customers in need through offering a range of financial advisory services, repayment programs and taking actions to prevent spend that will not be paid back to the Company. The primary focus is to protect and recover American Express’ receivable assets, while delivering on our customer commitment.
The Director of US Corporate Workout & Debt Restructuring Group will support the Vice President of Global Commercial Credit Underwriting within the GCC organization. This role is responsible to offer enhanced financial advice services for US commercial clients with high balances and high risk and determine the treatment strategy for these customers including financial analysis and underwriting; debt restructuring; obligor-level case management; and specialized support for clients with business financing and supplier payment products. The role of the US Corporate Workout & Debt Restructuring Group is being significantly expanded, so the new Director will be a key player in designing and establishing this critical new capability for the company.
- Attract, engage, develop and retain a highly motivated, high performing team of credit / underwriting professionals (team size 10-12 with anticipated future growth).
- Act as the primary servicing officer for US Small & Medium Enterprise Clients with credit/loan problems and delinquencies to resolve.
- Evaluate finances, collateral, legal documentation and other available information to project potential loss exposure and develop tailored, comprehensive workout strategies to support clients whilst minimizing losses to the company.
- Deliver outstanding operational results including monitoring portfolio performance, daily production quality and effectiveness and control and compliance
- Balance the need to be First to the Money with our enterprise mantra to put the Customer First through building customer relationships and loyalty.
- Manage the seamless operational execution of credit policies and procedures. Executing Risk strategies to maximize Collections effectiveness for Commercial Middle Market clients, enabling profitable spend, while delivering financial consulting services for clients with traditional corporate card products, as well as business financing and supplier payment products.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key business partners including senior leaders in Global Commercial Services, Risk Management, Legal and Outside Agency Collections.
- Introduce external perspectives and challenge the status quo as GCC moves forward and prepares to win through the next economic cycle.
- Clearly and concisely communicate strategies to provide leadership and build fellowship.
- Play a role on GCC leadership team to help shape the future of the global credit servicing strategy.
- Colleague engagement and motivation are paramount and a key responsibility of the role
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA in finance, accounting, economics, management or equivalent)
- 5+ years of underwriting and/or commercial credit risk management experience
- 3+ years of Commercial Workout/Special Assets Group experience
- Knowledge of underwriting, financial statement analysis, accounting, economics, credit risk policies, loan documentation, bankruptcy, debt restructuring and related business law
- Exceptional planning, project management and strategy skills & experience from working in an operational environment where the processes are complex and numerous
- Excellent communication, collaboration and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to be able to drive and deliver results in a full range of scorecard dimensions (Shareholder, Customer, Colleague)
- Preferably with previous people leadership experience and / or passion in colleague development and coaching others
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020, 4:38:36 PM