Network Solutions & Operations (NSO) runs the American Express Network, processing $1 Trillion in annual spend and serving issuers and acquirers in over 90 markets worldwide. The NSO team leads and optimizes the American Express Global Network, defining its operations and building innovative products that simultaneously leverage network assets and unlock new commerce for American Express.
The Network Product team leads product development and management for the Global Network, building for scale, driving interoperability, and enabling flawless, secure customer interactions and innovative experiences.
We are looking for a thoughtful Manager/Sr. Manager of Product Development that will be part of the Global Network Product Team focusing on the strategy and development of Tokenization solutions and serve as liaison at an industry level. This role will work across the payment ecosystem (Merchants, Acquirers and Issuers) balancing innovation with making it easier for partners to integrate with the Network.
The Manager/Sr. Manager of Product development will partner closely with Global Network teams (i.e, Product, Marketing, Partner Deployment, and Certification) as well as other critical partners across the organization in order to define the product/strategy roadmap and deliver product capabilities.
- Product roadmap: Lead the product strategy and development for Tokenization. Develop the American Express perspective and evangelize these capabilities internally
- Industry engagement: Serve as our industry liaison for Tokenization with EMVCo and other external forums within the US and internationally
- Industry standards: Monitor industry developments, strategize internally and participate and influence emerging payment standards
- Technical acumen: Act as a technical SME and strategist for the team by obtaining a deep knowledge of the product
- Communication: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, orally and in written communication
- Technical Systems Experience with preferred: You have experience in reading and understanding technical interfaces including APIs. While we do not expect you to code, we expect you to have given thought to developing APIs, technical interfaces, API strategy and lifecycle management.
- Product guide: You have experience with SAfe Agile, product development & prioritization frameworks. You are comfortable with Rally, or related tools.
- Passion for payments and fintech. You are passionate about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in “What if scenarios..”
- Relevant experience. Ideally, three or more years of experience as a Product Manager with track record of delivering payment or related products highly desired.
- Ability to travel 25% to any destination inside or outside the US
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020, 4:46:06 PM