The Global Commercial Services (GCS) Transformation Office sits within the Commercial Services business and is responsible for transformation ideation & execution, project management and Technology investment decisions & prioritization.
The Director, Global Commercial Services - Business Transformation Strategic Project Execution and Capabilities will be responsible for the delivery of initiatives that enable GCS strategic priorities. Additionally, this role will lead the development of the Transformation Office’s disciplined Project and Program Management practices. The Director will lead a team of Managers accountable for the project intake, prioritization, planning and execution of key priorities and projects.
- Leading all aspects of the GCS project management office including delivery of large scale initiatives that drive process efficiencies, optimize the use of technology to enhance productivity & increase customer satisfaction.
- Lead and coordinate numerous program workstreams simultaneously including opportunity assessment, resource requirements, stakeholder coordination, funding management, prioritization, project delivery, and tracking of results.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders across the blue box including Product, Sales/AD, Technologies, Operations Excellence, Finance, Operations.
- Identify critical linkages and implications of program strategies on the business and identify related opportunities.
- Strong consultation, communication, facilitation and presentations skills; Ability to understand complex challenges & linkages and articulate into plans to drive results.
- Experience managing large scale global technology intensive projects with multiple business partner relationships, product and platform owners, and stakeholders at various levels.
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a highly matrix environment and being able to lead and influence without direct authority.
- Proven strong people leadership skills.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent project/process management and prioritization skills. Results focused.
- Familiarity with product development/enhancement process
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and information to proficiently produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- 8+ years of combined experience in Strategic Planning, Program Management, Project Management, Consulting, and/or Process Transformation
- Bachelor's Degree. MBA, preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of internal Global Commercial Services processes and functional areas strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile technology methodology, Design Thinking, Six Sigma, LEAP and / or LEAN continuous process improvement techniques
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.preferred, but not required.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020, 8:18:09 PM