Software Engineer – Java
We are looking for a highly technically proficient Java software API/backend Engineer to work on One Amex suite of products at American Express. You'll work among high performing engineering, design and product teams. If you enjoy working in a high paced, highly technical environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
· Participate in the design and implementation of core platform features.
· Provide Operational support with building platform monitoring tools/dashboards, ad hoc reports
· Defect Fixes, Performance Testing, Endurance testing.
· Overall 4+ years of developing internet-scale solution development primarily using Java 8+, Spring Boot and no-sql databases (primarily mongo)
· Must have demonstrated experience in developing and building asynchronous Reactive Micro services utilizing Vertx
· Must have experience in developing REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 (reactive) and skilled in Open API (swagger) specification.
· Must have demonstrated experience in designing database schemas, index design, optimizations for query tuning.
· Experienced in utilizing Grafana, Jaeger, Splunk to monitor and troubleshooting application systems
· Demonstrated experience in using modern software engineering tools : git workflows, gradle, load testing tools, mock frameworks.
· A bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 2:39:05 AM