This is a Band 28 requisition.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing
superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements
including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card
A career in GBS at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers. Come join us and realize your potential.
2. Purpose of the Role
Analyze Phone call requests raised by CFN Disputes and check for validity and adherence to Policies and Procedures - Provide feedback using the existing feedback mechanism on all Invalid Phone call requests raised across sites (AESC-I and FIS) - Action all Valid Phone call/ Specialized handling requests by leveraging across departments/functions to see the Card member dispute to a final resolution.
Negotiate if necessary, on cases involving merchants and card members and work closely with both the parties in order to ensure that the issue is resolved amicably.
- In addition, handle the following requests as raised from time to time to drive Customer/ shareholder value:
- Handle multiple times disputes by card members who have been previously dissatisfied with a resolution with American Express.
- Service Recovery to minimize shareholder risk through write offs and case aging.
• ECR (Executive Consumer Relations) requests for Disputes and vice versa
- Establish trends across sites and identify Learning gaps for request groups.
- Leverage GSLN/ SME/ CX involvement to address knowledge gaps, if any.
• Respond to all customer queries in a timely and comprehensive manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Deliver to the Employees, Customer and Shareholder metrics as per goals.
• Highlight issues through feedback and recommend changes in workflows, procedures, service levels, based on customer demands to meet their needs and ensure quality service is given at all times.
• Adherence to quality and compliance guidelines.
• Support any new initiatives in the directorate.
• Balance customer interests with the interests of American Express.
• Communicates effectively, oral and written to identify and document necessary information This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Set the Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
- Graduate with minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the Service Industry (Voice and data expertise)
- Understanding of the applicable Federal regulations (Reg. Z, FCBA, FAIR etc.)
- Strong ability to analyze complex information and make sound decisions
- Must have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2020, 8:07:17 AM