Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Analyze use cases, procedures, and problems to develop technical architecture for new and existing platforms, and provide architectural guidance and oversight
Drive key architecture decisions to solve critical, complex problems for American Express Digital
Lead a team of senior engineers/architects to drive the OneIdentity platforms technical direction and strategic objectives
Network with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects
Combine in-depth specialty area(s) with broad knowledge of other disciplines to deliver coherent end-to-end architectural guidance
Focus on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives
Solve novel problems that impact products and/or technologies
Design new techniques, methodologies, and concepts for tackling broad cross-cutting initiatives
Plan & direct research and complex investigations across complex delivery efforts
Perform reviews and provide oversight across various delivery teams to ensure alignment with architectural and technical strategy
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Solid theoretical understanding of public key cryptography, one-way hash functions, information entropy
- Experience with both public internet and intranet Authentication and Authorization Models using JWT, OAuth and OpenId an asset
- Open source contributions
- Experience with encryption both at rest and for communication protocol (TLS, PGP) preferred
- Experience with key distribution issues a plus
- Familiarity with security models of public clouds
- Broad culture of distributed programming techniques like REST and modern RPC like google RPC, and pod/proxy architecture (Envoy, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with the analysis of threats models desirable
- Ability to conceptualize and design enterprise-grade APIs using asynchronous and reactive paradigms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or relevant experience
- Functional Programming interest and experience
- Project experience with non blocking I/O an asset
- Project experience with highly available and strongly consistent databases: traditional or key-value stores, a plus
- Interest and familiarity with tech like zero trust networks, device fingerprinting
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 5:39:55 AM