Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Analyze use cases, procedures, and problems to develop technical architecture for new and existing platforms, and provide architectural guidance and oversight
- Drive key architecture decisions to solve critical, complex problems for American Express Digital
- Lead a team of senior engineers/architects to drive the OneIdentity platforms technical direction and strategic objectives
- Network with peers on technical matters, design prototypes, system designs and enterprise-wide research projects
- Combine in-depth specialty area(s) with broad knowledge of other disciplines to deliver coherent end-to-end architectural guidance
- Focus on driving architecture towards long-term Business Unit/Enterprise goals and objectives
- Solve novel problems that impact products and/or technologies
- Design new techniques, methodologies, and concepts for tackling broad cross-cutting initiatives
- Plan & direct research and complex investigations across complex delivery efforts
- Perform reviews and provide oversight across various delivery teams to ensure alignment with architectural and technical strategy
- Solid theoretical understanding of public key cryptography, one-way hash functions, information entropy
- Experience with both public internet and intranet Authentication and Authorization Models using JWT, OAuth and OpenId.
- Open source contributions.
- Experience with encryption both at rest and for communication protocol (TLS, PGP)
- Experience with key distribution issues
- Familiarity with security models of public clouds
- Broad culture of distributed programming techniques like REST and modern RPC like google RPC, and pod/proxy architecture (Envoy, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with the analysis of threats models
- Ability to conceptualize and design enterprise-grade APIs using asynchronous and reactive paradigms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or contributions to open source code bases
- Functional Programming interest and experience
- Project experience with non blocking I/O
- Project experience with highly available and strongly consistent databases: traditional or key-value stores.
- Interest and familiarity with tech like zero trust networks, device fingerprinting.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 2:29:50 PM