American Express (NYSE: AXP) is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. As an engine of commerce, American Express offers innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide superior customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Global Executive Recruitment team serves as trusted advisors to senior leaders and Colleague Strategic Partners (HR Business Partners) across all business units and functions globally, supporting the recruitment of exceptional external talent at the executive level (Vice President and above). The team identifies, engages, assesses and attracts high potential senior leaders from the external marketplace both directly and through internal and external partnerships.
As a critical member of the Global Executive Recruitment team, the Executive Recruiter will lead the full cycle executive recruitment process for exceptional Vice President level talent for current and future organizational needs. Serving as an advisor and subject matter expert to key leaders across the business, other teams within the Colleague Experience Group, and various internal and external partners, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing sourcing and recruitment strategies for both internal and external candidates.
- Lead talent strategy discussions with hiring leaders and Colleague Strategic Partners, partner with internal stakeholders and teams, and manage execution of searches for a number of lines of business and/or functional areas
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the organization, our Colleague Value Proposition, industry dynamics and competitive landscape to effectively tell the American Express story
- Advise on, manage and guide a best-in-class recruitment process, from inception to conclusion
- Proactively identify, source, assess and present qualified candidates for both current roles and future opportunities in support of critical capabilities
- Ensure the delivery of an exceptional recruitment experience to all stakeholders, including candidates, hiring leaders, colleagues and external partners, providing tools and resources to enable the process
- Develop trust-based relationships with key teams and colleagues across the organization (e.g. Colleague Strategic Partners; Executive Compensation; Employee & Labor Relations; Global Mobility; Talent, Careers & Performance; Recruitment Operations etc.)
- Operate with a data-driven mindset to analyze and synthesize data to influence decision making and improve processes
- 5+ years of recruitment experience at an executive search firm or in-house corporate environment
- Track record of successfully executing complex, senior-level searches from inception to close
- Structured thinker with a commitment to operational excellence, with the ability to manage a wide range of searches, key projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to develop and employ creative sourcing strategies across a multitude of channels, to include leveraging new and existing technologies with an emphasis on direct sourcing of passive talent
- Keen eye for talent, with the ability to assess candidates against critical skills, capabilities and leadership behaviors
- Experience developing and negotiating complex offers
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and leverage trust-based relationships to support the recruitment process
- Awareness of key employment laws and regulations surrounding executive recruitment (e.g. Pay Equity and EEOC Legislation, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and integrity
- Experience executing global searches beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 11, 2020, 3:58:13 AM