American Express (NYSE: AXP) is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. As an engine of commerce, American Express offers innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide superior customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Global Executive Recruitment team serves as trusted advisors to senior leaders and Colleague Strategic Partners across all business units and functions globally, supporting the recruitment of outstanding external talent at the executive level (Vice President and above). The team identifies, engages, assesses and attracts high potential senior leaders from the external marketplace both directly and through internal and external partnerships.
Reporting to a Director of Executive Recruitment, the Executive Recruitment Coordinator, Internal Talent, is a critical member of the team, supporting internal mobility efforts by serving as a curator of internal talent. The successful candidate will work with colleagues across the function and business leaders to develop candidate slates for Band 45 (Vice President) level roles.
- Support the internal recruitment process from end-to-end, overseeing all logistics from initiation to onboarding
- Identify opportunities where an internal role should be posted externally, assessing internal candidate slates for critical skills, competencies and ensuring the representation of diversity on slates
- Proactively engage and partner with Colleague Strategic Partners, Talent, Careers & Performance and Global Diverse Executive Engagement for internal slating
- Leverage internal talent platforms and systems to generate informed, diverse candidate slates
- Build solid relationships across the company at various levels
- Create and post job requisitions, coordinate interviews, and lead the initial phase of onboarding processes
- Provide a high-touch, personalized experience to internal candidates, senior leaders and Colleague Strategic Partners
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with a commitment to excellence
- Support reporting on executive recruitment activity and key metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence required to interact with senior leaders with consistent confidence and poise
- Demonstrated analytical expertise working with large data sets and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, solve problems, act independently and be resourceful with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Sense of urgency, with proven ability to juggle multiple projects with both speed and accuracy
- Demonstrable ability to master tools and systems, including (but not limited to) the applicant tracking system and candidate relationship management software
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in or prior experience in Human Resources or Executive Recruitment
- Experience in client-facing environments preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2020, 10:53:02 PM