The Supplier Payment Acceleration (SPA) organization within Global Commercial Services (GCS) Business Finance Supplier Payments Product team is responsible for commercializing the large and global segment supplier payment product strategy and providing product sales expertise to the largest and most complex B2B opportunities.
The Director of Supplier Strategy and Lead Management is accountable for driving US Large Market and Global Client Supplier Payments in partnership with GCS account development and sales teams as well as Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS). This Director will also work closely with the Director of commercialization to transform the value delivered to buyers and suppliers through new payables and receivables strategies.
- Define ‘good fit’ buyer and supplier target profile using data insights and working with key partners including Data Strategy & Insights and GMNS teams. Leverage these insights to accelerate closed network volume.
Apply buyer and supplier learnings to identify opportunities to drive incremental B2B volume in partnership with GMNS and GCS account development and sales teams.
Define new segmentation approach with GMNS on GCS touch levels for large and smaller supplier leads (i.e. swag approach for small value / high quantity leads); screen incoming supplier enablement requests accordingly.
- Partner with GMNS on Supplier-initiated deals with multiple Buyers; develop process for engaging GCS account development and sales teams and buyers for delivery.
- Transform current lead intake processes with GCS and GMNS to increase lead quality, conversion, close and activation rates.
Develop and manage a process for receiving, vetting and prioritizing field requests for “closed network” supplier engagement
Partner with GMNS to report and manage the supplier lead pipeline including field engagement and feedback loop.
Feedback Loop / Insights Share
- Create and publish supplier insights fact base for senior leadership to help inform better targeting and value proposition strategies to drive supplier volume growth in partnership with GMNS and GCS account development and sales teams.
Provide visibility to the field AD on supplier attrition and retention risks together with buyer strategies to retain/recapture volume. Act as Account Development/GMNS liaison for supplier retention and growth opportunities.
- Recruit, train, coach and manage high performing team to deliver client and scorecard objectives.
Manage workload and identify opportunities to optimize performance and productivity.
- Demonstrated experience developing growth strategies levering insights using data from multiple sources.
Ability to mine data, draw key conclusions and make recommendations that impact the business.
Experience developing and delivering senior level communications leveraging data insights to help drive sales behavior change, as well as engage, influence and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
Sharp business judgment to identify and develop solutions for key issues and opportunities.
Collaborative self-starter, comfortable with white paper thinking to design and implement a Supplier Management Office to support a new line of business.
External perspective of the competitive landscape and the opportunities and challenges to provide differentiated value to both buyers and suppliers.
Innovation mindset and recognized thought leadership to drive what’s next and long-term vision
Experience in operational process change, a plus
Experience with onboarding suppliers, a plus!
Must be able to be in World Financial Center in NY 2-3 times a week
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2020, 11:48:11 PM