The Supplier Payment Acceleration (SPA) organization within Global Commercial Services (GCS) is responsible for commercializing and growing the large and global customers and providing product sales expertise to the largest and most complex B2B opportunities.
Within SPA, the Treasury Insights Analyst will conduct multi-dimensional prospect analyses and generate detailed executable commercial insights to feed effective Go-to-Market Strategies that address buyer/supplier needs, improve product adoption and deliver revenue growth.
To deliver on our ambitious growth plans, the ideal candidate will possess both a combination of numerical/financial abilities and a well-rounded Marketing/Strategy/Commercial mindset to allow her/him to speak confidently and build relationships with our diverse internal stakeholders including Account Development, Sales, Merchant Services, Pricing and Risk teams.
- Conduct complex treasury analytics to help uncover client needs and help advance deal structuring
- Support presentations during internal and external meetings providing key analysis and recommendations with objective of entrenching client relationships and accelerating deal closure
- Refine current targeting methodology and create innovative segmentation models to more efficient B2B volumes
- Identify traditional and non-traditional competitor offerings in the B2B Payment market place and generate insights that help differentiate our treasury toolkit offerings
- Create compelling messages for Account Development & Sales teams to articulate our commercial value for corporate clients and Merchants
- Collaborate effectively with the team and across the broader organization, managing local and international stakeholders to drive the successful execution of go-to-market plans
- Support leadership with insightful information and building fellowship across our internal customers.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Experienced in financial analysis and modelling (including Cash flow and Working Capital ratios analysis)
Marketing research skills and ability to analyze large amounts of both qualitative and quantitative information to extract key insights that underpin robust, thoughtful, strategy recommendations
Proficient in Excel, Pivot Tables and Data Analysis Toolset
Good presentation and PowerPoint skills
Project Management and Time management skills, able to prioritize and deliver assignments timely
Understanding of macroeconomic trends and how these may impact on our Product economics and value proposition
Relationship building skills to develop trust, gain buy-in for and drive followership of product strategies and partnership opportunities
Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast changing (and very fun!) environment whilst maintaining high standards of personal excellence and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Desirable some experience in Corporate Banking, Commercial Cards or B2B payment products
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 9:51:24 AM