This position will be a key member of the U.S. Consumer Compliance Team at American Express. The position requires the provision of Compliance oversight and guidance in the management of an effective Compliance program for platforms that perform Loyalty & Benefit Fulfillment for US products at American Express. Specifically, this position will:
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong Understanding of Technology system concepts (hardware, software, databases, integrations).
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities and cross-functional projects under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. open-end credit laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of U.S. Consumer and Small Business Card products, marketing, systems and/or servicing related to Loyalty Benefits Fulfillment.
- Ability to research, assess and determine regulatory impact to business systems, processes and initiatives and influence decisions accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at different levels of the organization.
- Strong consultative skills to support business partners and Technology partners; proven ability to build and grow relationships; effectively communicate requirements and issues to all levels of staff and management; able to influence others to achieve desired results.
- Persistence in conducting root-cause analysis and excellent attention to detail while keeping broader issues/objectives in mind; ability to develop recommendations for practical solutions to compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt easily to frequent change.
- Compliance, audit, legal experience or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- The preferred location for this position is Phoenix, AZ. New York, NY is secondary location.
- Knowledge and understanding of American Express’ infrastructure across accounts receivable, billing, product transfer, loyalty and add-on products that support the US Card business.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2020, 10:31:28 PM