Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Contribute to the analysis of business, application, and technical infrastructure requirements.
- Design, build, enhance and integrate the infrastructure required to support various platforms and our business portfolio
- Support initiatives that deliver workable end-to-end infrastructure solutions
- Participates in test planning and execution
• Solid experience in a Production Support role for Java, Node etc based applications (minimum 3-4 years’ experience)
• Experience with answering technical/functional queries raised by Customers/business/interfacing teams, monitoring servers and batch process to make sure application is up and running without any issues (L2 and L3 support).
• Experience in designing, implementing and managing Linux environment for Incident/Change & Patch Mgmt.
• Must have the inclination/Flexibility to learn Dev Ops tools that are in play within the environment.
• The candidate must have the ability to bridge the gap when working with the Product, Architecture, QA and Infrastructure teams.
• Skilled in Java, Oracle, Unix/Linux, applications servers like JBOSS and Websphere, Web-services (SOAP and REST), multiple monitoring tools (Splunk, Nimsoft, Dynatrace, Kibana, Icinga, Grafana) technologies.
• Strong Bash/Ansible Scripting experience on Red Hat Linux environment and ability to identify opportunities for automation of Ops services.
• Include functions like job status monitoring, SLA monitoring and escalation, system health monitoring, system capacity profiling and monitoring, system usage and reporting.
• Ability to work in a 24X7 global model to interact with other colleagues on an on-call rotation basis
• Red Hat Certifications on either RHCE, RHCSA.
• Working knowledge of Openshift/Kubernetes
• Experience with Public Cloud
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Emerging Technologies
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- System/Platform Domain Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020, 5:42:12 AM