American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Analyst-level opportunities in the New York based Global Merchant Services organization.
The Global Merchant Services (GMS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant Discount Revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the optimal pricing to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive GMS revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
The Analyst has a unique opportunity to present the Global Discount Rate performance to Senior Leaders and drive decisions across multiple businesses and segments for balancing the organization’s goals of profitable charge volume growth with merchant coverage expansion; essential to the strength of our business.
- Create Global forecasts for Merchant Discount Revenue, track monthly performance against forecast and identify drivers of variance for each Region and Merchant segment
- Track impacts of Merchant negotiations against our discount rate forecast to inform decision making
- Drive standardization and process improvement among the different regional pricing teams for all reporting and forecasting related activities
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to evaluate discount rate trends and uncover insights
- Access merchant impacts of pricing proposals
- 1+ year experience in financial services or payments industry, and/or other finance related roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Business
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of financial data (high proficiency with Excel)
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications: the candidate should feel comfortable presenting to and influencing senior management
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win, ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, which places a premium on driving results
- Creative thinker and problem solver who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to shift priorities and respond to urgent requests
- Proven track record of taking ownership of projects from analysis through to implementation
- Passionate focus on the customer; demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points
- SQL experience is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2020, 8:44:56 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.