The Manager, Colleague Market Partner, in the Colleague Experience Group (formerly Human Resources) will be a key player in driving the overall colleague experience for our Phoenix based colleagues. Focus pillars include:
Delivering a great colleague experience: Collaborate with COE’s, Colleague Strategic Partners (formerly HRBPs) and Strategic Capabilities and Servicing to ensure colleague advocacy and to drive an integrated and excellent colleague experience.
Growing the best talent: Grow the talent pipeline to fuel business momentum in the market. Strengthen colleagues’ capabilities through a market development agenda focused on targeted skill development and learning.
Developing new ways of working to unlock enterprise value: Focus on creating an inclusive culture and practices where colleagues are empowered to deliver their best performance every day.
- Supports the development and delivery of the Market Colleague Plan across the 3 areas of focus – Deliver a Great Colleague Experience, Grow the Best Talent, and Unlock New Ways of Working to Drive Enterprise Value.
- Designs and drives execution of the Engagement strategy for the market, partnering with local leaders, Colleague Networks, and the L&D COE to ensure appropriate development programs are deployed for the colleague base – targeted as appropriate – and outcomes are measured.
- Partner with Colleague Strategic Partners, COEs and other Colleague Market Partners, to ensure alignment and synergies in deployment.
- Leads analysis of Colleague Engagement Survey and development of market action plans and implementation.
- Plays a key role in supporting talent planning process in the market, including leading local talent processes to ensure effective succession planning and bench strength, development opportunities, and retention of high potential colleagues.
- Oversees New to Blue, our New Hire Orientation.
- Models and leads the “One Amex” approach within the businesses and ensures a strong brand for American Express in the market partnering with Centers of Expertise and leaders.
- 5+ years of HR Generalist /Manager experience or equivalent experience with broad knowledge of HR processes and practice areas.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree is required or equivalent experience.
- Strong preference for Master’s level degree in the areas of Business Management/Administration, Human Resources Management, or Organizational Psychology
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence colleagues, challenge the status quo, confront difficult issues and demonstrate a high degree of comfort with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated project management skills: ability to manage multiple, complex projects, events, and tasks, and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent communication skills; able to cascade complex messages in simple form
- Ability to manage change, think conceptually and strategically, and flex between a big picture view and detailed execution
- Self-starter and proactive nature, strong sense of ownership an urgency
- Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills to enable communications and analysis
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 12:12:38 AM