Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to taken on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
The Chief Technology Officer(CTO) Organization focuses on delivering technology solutions that leverage data to anticipate customer needs in order to provide seamless & personalized experiences across all American Express channels.
The incumbent will work with the CTO Strategic Operations Director to streamline Strategic Operation processes like managing the financial planning cycles, scaled agile reporting, and portfolio investment strategy. This will include challenging the status quo to make a difference in the lives of our engineers, product partners and customers. The qualified candidate will need to be adaptable, pro-active and comfortable building and maintaining relationships at all levels across ED&A, Digital Labs, Technology, Finance & Risk in order to support the organizations strategic imperatives.
- Prepare detailed analysis of financial data across Finance and Technology tools pertaining to Digital Acquisitions, Mobile & Web services leveraging Oracle, Rally, Jira etc.
Proactive management and communication of variance analysis, trend analysis & identifying portfolio related risk and opportunities.
Enable Executive leadership decision making through development and presentation of metrics and insights covering areas of operations, delivery, finance and business.
Support strategic projects that enable the CTO organization to best manage its investment portfolio’s across Digital Acquisitions, Mobile & Web.
Build strong working relationships across the CTO, broader Technology, Finance and product teams to enhance collaboration, problem solving and generate solutions that drive tangible results.
Provide project management support across the Strategic Operations team, including tracking/reporting progress, identifying and documenting project risks/ issues.
- Work with Technology teams to analyze business issues and support the development of future state recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years supporting large scale projects
- Strong foundation and knowledge of accounting and finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient across MS Office applications specifically Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Knowledge of financial tools and reporting a plus (i.e. Oracle General Ledger, Clarity, SmartView)
- Knowledge of agile management tools a plus (i.e Rally, Jira)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2020, 4:57:31 PM