There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
An iconic brand where you can grow as a leader
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our colleagues, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
American Express is one of the most respected brands around the world. Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
The Global Service Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for creating and delivering successful learning programs across the Global Servicing Group (GSG). As our business grows and evolves, there is a need to drive transformation across all aspects of our work with an exciting new initiative – the vision of which is to create a next generation learning ecosystem that will deliver personalized and continuous learning at an accelerated pace to provide a consistent, world class customer experience every day.
Do you have a passion for content? Do you know how to write effective help content to meet user needs? We are seeking expert curators of help content for our customers and colleagues as we develop and deliver a new user help tool.
The role requires you to become familiar with American Express’ procedural and knowledge content as it is currently published and then curate the content so that it better suits a new user help database tool. The content and topic cover all operating procedures across the key servicing business units within American Express. This is a new role for the company, so problem-solving and personal initiative are as crucial as excellent content writing skills.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Researching current content and identifying content improvements which will include reformatting, editing and uploading to a new knowledge platform;
- Helping conceive the user interaction with the content and work with technology colleagues (and others) to articulate and deliver an effective user experience of the help tool;
- Working with users, other content authors/curators and technology partners to deliver and distribute best in class written, visual and other content;
- Working as part of a diverse global team including line operations, compliance, technology and project resources;
- Working with others to research user needs, contribute to the creation of content standards, guidelines and best practice;
- Gathering, organizing, reviewing, filtering, creating, and publishing content to provide an effective source of information for our operating teams across all business functions and processes;
- Working with customers, key stakeholders, and partners to curate & distribute content aligning with global standards for content creation / approval to publish;
- Developing topics, keywords, and phrases in conjunction with the Content Strategist and others that help users find information that enables them to deliver excellent service to American Express’ customers;
- Customizing content as it is published through finding a unique perspective, question or tag leveraging multiple channels to maximize impact and engagement;
- Regularly reviewing content in conjunction with process owners in order to eliminate obsolete content, identify new needs and modify existing content.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree an advantage;
- Minimum of 2+ years professional experience working in content curation/writing roles;
- Experience with working in the financial services sector (preferred but not required);
- Excellent writing skills;
- Great working knowledge of social media, web content management skills, plus knowledge of HTML (An absolute advantage)
- Ability to work with a diverse team under deadline pressure;
- Excellent relationship management, verbal and written communication skills;
- Comfortable taking initiative and solving diverse problems.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 10:42:45 AM