Product Development Manager, Membership Solutions - Enterprise Digital Member Experiences
The Enterprise Digital Member Experiences (EDME) team is responsible for deepening Card Member engagement through our digital experiences with a primary focus on the Membership web, mobile, push notification and SMS channels. The team’s mission is to dramatically increase digital engagement and customer satisfaction through a combination of superior user experience and compelling features and functionality.
As part of the Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA) team we have a collective focus on growing revenue from our existing Member base. We have a global and Enterprise wide remit, working closely with US and International card product and marketing teams to deploy web, mobile, and push/SMS experiences to meet the growing needs of our Members globally and across all lines of business.
As Product Development Manager, Membership Solutions you will be responsible for defining technical solutions to drive engagement with our customers and drive best-in-class digital product experiences. You will work with partners across the business to define global, scalable, cross-channel solutions that support the vision for driving digital engagement.
You will work as part of a small team and partner effectively with Technology to drive enterprise architecture. The team will drive desired business outcomes, improve platform health and bring digital membership to life for our customers.
This role reports to Director, Membership Solution Management based in New York.
- Support Solution Management for the Enterprise Digital Member Experience
- Partner with Engineering, Enterprise Platforms and Channel teams to define scalable capabilities across the complex membership ecosystem
- Partner closely with stakeholders across the globe, including Product, Marketing, Compliance, Legal, Brand and others to define and communicate a technical product vision
- Willingness to continually learn and implement design, product and technologies solutions within a dynamic and highly matrixed environment
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working across product development and engineering teams
- Experience in defining functional architecture and clear boundaries for solution design to support business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise thinking with a track record of influencing others to embrace change
- Deep understanding of and familiarity with technology frameworks, platforms and channels
- Demonstrated ability to self-start, carve opportunities out of ambiguity and operate with a high degree of independence
- Ability to understand new and/or complex concepts, their implications for solution design and explain these to technical and non-technical audiences through appropriate documentation
- Proven success in partnering with servicing, platform and business teams to meet goals across consumer, commercial and merchant businesses
- Understanding of customer needs in the physical and digital worlds, along with their intersection
- Experience with launching global, scalable solutions and products to multiple global markets
- Very strong collaboration and listening skills – ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives
- History of high performance and proven ability to adjust to shifting priorities and manage through ambiguity
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and sense of humor in the face of challenges
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 5:56:16 PM