The customer acquisition digital product team is looking for a qualified API Product Manager.
Our APIs power nearly all customer acquisition experiences in American Express, and also drive Amex’s unique targeting partnerships with major brands. Teams inside and outside of Amex depend on us for modern, intuitive, high performing APIs.
You will have strong knowledge of APIs, the API lifecycle and developer experience, and the customer focus and empathy of a product manager. You’ll be technically inquisitive, with a passion for problem solving and finding creative ways to capitalize on product opportunities within an enterprise-driven roadmap.
- Define the product vision for the products you will manage
- Identify market opportunities to onboard new developers to our APIs, launch new APIs, sunset existing APIs, and expand our APIs’ features
- Define and evangelize good developer experience, and help establish API standards in our products
- Define API objectives and key results, and work with analytics teams to deliver API business insights
- Work with API customers inside and outside of Amex to understand their needs
- Build and deliver a roadmap that combines our API development priorities with enterprise-wide initiatives
- Prioritize asks according to their alignment with enterprise strategy and future customer and business value
- Work with our product portfolio teams to align roadmaps across the whole customer acquisition space at American Express
- Act as product owner to an agile development team to deliver on your roadmap
- Work with copywriters to produce public-facing documentation on developer.americanexpress.com outlining API product benefits and usage
- 5 year’s experience as a product manager, some of it in the API space
- Strong understanding of the REST, GraphQL, web hooks, OAuth, Open API Spec, SDKs, etc
- Understanding of the API lifecycle and developer experience
- Comfort working in an enterprise environment as part of a larger product portfolio
- Technical fluency to bridge the user and engineering communities comfortably
- Proven experience leading product teams and agile development teams.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2020, 11:39:40 AM