Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences, powered by data & analytics, across the customer lifecycle, whilst adapting to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
EDA Operational Excellence will enable profitable business growth and exceptional customer experiences across American Express through driving excellence, speed and agility across EDA products, platforms, processes and capabilities.
Through the design and implementation of an effective framework, the EDA Ops Excellence Team will ensure the EDA organization is fulfilling on all our obligations to customers and has a robust control environment that ensures we are operating in compliance with changing global regulations.
The Manager, EDA Operational Excellence – Data, Analytics Platforms and Privacy, will become part of a high performing team to deliver on the EDA Ops Excellence vision and objectives. Under the Director, EDA Operational Excellence Data Analytics Plaforms and Privacy, the team will be responsible for establishing and enhancing governance and robust process controls across enterprise data, product and platform development. Equally important will be the ongoing rationalization of current controls to ensure integrated testing into new products, solutions and processes.
The Manager, EDA Operational Excellence will be responsible for:
- Supporting in establishing and identifying opportunities to enhance governance and robust process controls across enterprise data, product and platform development.
- Managing partnerships to design preventative, predictive, and automated controls.
- Ensuring risks and issues are managed promptly and effectively, with appropriate escalation, root causes identified, and prevention plans to evidence ongoing risk mitigation and reduction.
- Enabling change, with appropriate engagement of relevant stakeholders, leveraging appropriate KRIs and KPIs for risk intelligent discussions.
- Managing the integration of effective controls, rigorous testing & ongoing monitoring into new capabilities, processes, partnerships and third party arrangements, to assure delivery against expectations and compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & AXP expectations.
- Operating as a trusted partner to Business and Support groups across the American Express enterprise, supporting them in meeting their expectations and in doing so maintaining strong business focus and presence.
This position will report to the Director, EDA - Operational Excellent, Data, Analytics Platforms and Privacy.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Deep, technical understanding of data governance and enterprise platforms
- Strong business background, ideally with significant experience across different business, marketing and risk disciplines. Experience operating across multiple jurisdictions globally is essential
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills including collaborating and influencing abilities with proven ability to operate successfully across the matrix, and at all band levels.
- Proven program management skills and strong change management experience. Demonstrated ability to drive and manage complex/large scale change initiatives sensitively, with experience in delivering across multiple markets/regions highly desirable.
- Risk management mindset, with the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to learn quickly, “connect the dots” with a strong track record of developing idea from concept to deployment and delivering win-win solutions for the business.
- Demonstrates creative and highly collaborative approach to solving business problems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, alongside excellent analytical skills.
- Technical understanding of marketing platforms and processes would be advantageous. This includes platforms that may be global, US, International, Card Marketing, Merchant and/or content & channel driven.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 13, 2020, 4:53:04 PM