Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- 3 years of experience in design and development of multi-tier scalable and responsive web applications using latest Java/J2EE frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Experience developing RESTFul API’s using Spring, Rest-Easy & JAX-RS framework.
- Experience building Junit test cases for unit and integration tests using Junit and Mock frameworks like PowerMock, EasyMock,
- Configuring test suites using selenium and LISA for automating regression testing
- Extensive experience in using debugging tools like Splunk, Coradiant, Putty & WinSCP
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 18, 2020, 1:07:36 PM