Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You won’t just build software, you'll impact lives daily.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re passionate about crafting breakthrough applications and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
At American Express, the Enterprise Platform team was established in 2018 to reimagine the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and transparency. Our teams build solutions by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K+ Sales, CRM, and Marketers around the world.
• BS degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
• 1+ years of experience on an agile Salesforce development team
• Strong debugging skills
• Knowledge of Lightning, Lightning Web Components, Salesforce APIs
• Highly collaborative
• Ability to craft simple, elegant and comprehensive solutions
• Enterprise Scale Engineering experience (Industry standard build/test/deploy tools)
• Perform hands on coding and configuration to deliver solutions that impact multiple platforms and products
• Debug complex issues spanning multiple systems
• Develop and improve our CI/CD workflow tools and processes
• Perform test automation
• Promote inner sourcing
• Evangelize industry best practices
• Seek to understand your customer's needs and problems
• Learn new technologies and drive opportunities for adoption
•3+ years of experience in software engineering and data related services.
•1+ years hands-on experience working with Salesforce
•1+ years practical agile experience.
•Experience managing design, implementation and architecture governance within a large corporate environment.
•Experience leading large distributed teams in a highly dynamic environment involving an onshore/offshore model.
•Desire to grow experience coaching, mentoring, and growing engineering talent.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. Preferred degree in Computer Science or Mathematics.
Experience coding solutions to satisfy user stories provided by product owners
Able to collaborate and communicate with other engineers and leadership
Working knowledge of Salesforce
Experience coding solutions to satisfy user stories defined by product owners
Experience consuming and deploying APIs
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2020, 7:08:50 AM