With over 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations. Shouldn't you represent one of the world's most distinguished brands?
Doesn’t it make sense to be part of a dynamic Merchant Sales Team and earn terrific rewards for your contributions? If you have proven ability to establish new business and drive growth, advance your career with one of the world’s most respected and recognized companies.
Merchant Services is one of the fastest growing market segments in the industry. As one of the Best Companies to Work For, we provide top compensation and great benefits, including medical/dental/vision plans, 401(k) and much more.
The Manager, Business Development (MBD) is a direct sales position responsible for identifying and signing new B2B/B2C merchant business and cross selling other applicable American Express products with the goal of growing merchant coverage in the Midtown Manhattan New York City market.
The candidate is also accountable for delivering against a booked charge volume goal from these signings. Additional responsibilities include self-prospecting of leads, maintaining and updating target lists and establishing a prioritized action plan for each target.
Also responsible for facilitating proper account set up and implementation as well as reviewing all critical processes, acceptance, reconciliation and back office procedures to ensure seamless transition to Card acceptance. Responsible for strategic utilization of marketing programs to drive results.
This territory will be covering accounts within the Midtown Manhattan New York City market and candidates must reside within the local New York City area defined market.
- Position will be based in the Midtown Manhattan New York City market. Location within the local New York City area defined market will be required.
- Strong B2B/B2C sales skills with a minimum of 5 years customer-facing outside sales experience required.
- Recent experience working under a sales quota incentive plan is required.
- Confident and skilled at gaining access to decision makers is required.
- Extensive cold calling, prospecting and pipeline management experience is required.
- Must have the ability to build a value proposition through effective probing and understanding of the customer’s business model, in addition to strong presentation / negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Excellent financial skills, strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare break-even/profitability analysis required in order to leverage value proposition / support proposals.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing an effective "pipeline" of quality targets.
- Must possess the ability to build and leverage relationships with internal colleagues and support personnel.
- This is a virtual position that requires excellent time management, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently. Virtual office experience a plus!
- Previous experience presenting formal presentations and strong MS Office skills required.
- A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (Including, but not limited to: speeding tickets, refusal to submit to blood alcohol content, reckless driving, leaving scene of accident, and driver’s license suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2020, 2:18:23 PM