- 50%-60% of your time spent on coding or hands on solution design and implementation.
- Work with Enterprise Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach.
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct technical design reviews.
- Mentor and support senior engineers to continue to raise the engineering bar across the organization.
- Communicate solutions, approaches and architectural decisions to senior leaders, gaining consensus and support from other teams.
- Perform rapid POCs to experiment and set direction for the engineering teams.
- Responsible for the health and quality of code across the department, including leadership of testing automation and CI/CD tool integration.
- 10+ years of active engineering experience in complex environments.
- Successful track record deploying global enterprise-grade technology solutions in an Agile environment.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with Java, Python, web and application frameworks such as Spring, Vert-X or Flask.
- Experience developing, debugging and designing microservice architectures with cloud provider agnostic technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
- Good understanding of Architectural Design patterns & Best practices
- Understanding of basics of Machine learning and algorithms is a plus.
- Proven experience debugging and resolving issues with systems components like network and storage.
- Strong communications, presentation skills, leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills
- Hands-on experience in the some of the following technologies: gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, NoSQL (Couchbase, Cassandra) Redis, Consul, Jenkins, XL Release, OpenShift, Elastic Stack, OpenStack, Kafka.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 26, 2020, 5:59:48 PM