American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
American Express is looking for an ambitious, high-performing Software Application Developer in the Global Risk Technology (GRT) organization. GRT provides Technology solutions for the Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Business Unit starting from the Acquisition of a customer and throughout the life cycle of Customer Management.
The ideal candidate will help shape our technology and product roadmap in support of our mission to provide the world’s best customer experience. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across all channels, join our team! You will join a fast-paced team responsible for delivering premier solution capabilities using Java, Hadoop, Angular, React, Node.js and Java services. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of the platform.
Application Developers are responsible for:
- Support all facets of Application development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code/API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of components including the implementation, evaluation, and execution of test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of autonomous build scripts
- Debug Application components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints, including new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Challenge status-quo, work with a product attitude, experiment with ideas to provide solutions that impact customers
- Have in-depth knowledge of patterns and algorithms
This high energy Application Developer must have:
- Up to 2 years of development experience; preferably in a JAVA environment.
- Working knowledge of core Java (up to 1.8), including Spring, JUnit, TDD, Code Coverage and Code Quality Plugins, Maven, GIT, Cucumber.
- Proficiency in Cloud-based Applications and end to end deployment
- Good knowledge of Hadoop, NoSQL DB, HBASE and Elastic DB is plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CSE or related field required; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, Application development, and testing
- Curiosity and ability to learn new technologies and code them into working prototypes
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solutions
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2020, 7:10:26 PM