American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
You won’t just build software, you'll impact lives daily.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every single day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers and colleagues. So, if you’re passionate about crafting breakthrough applications, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
- Build, Evaluate, configure and maintain various tools and applications managed by the GBS team.
- Prototype, and deliver solutions across applications to support strategy and deliver business value
- Serve as a core member of agile team that develops software applications and tests and builds automation tools
- Partners with customers and other internal teams and technical product managers to deliver enhancements to the platform and the existing tools used for the customers and the colleagues
- Support the team in technical issue resolution
- BS degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience on a development team using a modern programming language (Java/C#/Scala/Python/Go), preferably Java
- Strong debugging skills
- Demonstrated experience of applying development frameworks, design patterns and agile practices
- Highly collaborative
- Experience with any IWMS (Integrated workplace management systems ) or Resource Scheduling Applications for the Workplace tools is preferred
- Perform hands on coding and configuration to deliver solutions that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Solid understanding of the software platforms, systems and DevOps tools and technologies.
- Debug complex issues spanning multiple systems
- Understanding of CI/CD workflow tools and processes
- Perform test automation
- Seek to understand your customer's needs and problems
- Learn new technologies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 24, 2020, 5:36:21 PM